Formed as a village club in 1876 reputedly at the instigation of a couple of Cambridge and Oxford graduates. The club colours are thought to have resulted from such forbears.
From its inception, the club has played on the Bishops field, but after the first world war the club had somehow lost its WRU status (something to do with not paying the subscription on time!!) and did not regain it until 1948. The old mill clubhouse was built in September 1963, with further extensions and re-designs in 1991.
Llandaff were pioneers in Youth, Junior and Mini rugby and were the first WRU club to tour the USA in 1968, and the first to tour Botswana and play in South Africa after the ban was lifted in 1993.
Today Llandaff RFC runs 14 teams accross Seniors, Youth, Junior and Mini rugby teams. Player membership is very strong and we welcome new player enquiries at any time.
Please wait as the server processes your request. Do not attempt to refresh the page.